I used to run all of my services on the same OpenBSD server. Now that I switched to a virtualized environment, I’m on the way to dispatch the services on various virtual machines. As I have issues with the family’s iPhones and the SOGo 184.108.40.206 instance running on my OpenBSD gateway, I think it’s time to switch to an up-to-date version running elsewhere.
Here are the directions to publish a remote SOGo instance, here 1.3.13, with an OpenBSD Apache.
OpenBSD ships with Apache 1.3.x. It is better, faster, stronger, etc… but it isn’t compression-capable by default (AFAIK). Here are the directions to enable compression for all your Web resources:
munin-node-1.4.5p5, I can only graph HTTP activity ; no HTTPS. There is a plugin though that enables graphing both HTTP and HTTPS.
- Grab the plugin here ;
- Copy it in
/etc/munin/plugins/in replacement for the original Munin plugin ;
/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/openbsd-packagesto know about the Apache ports to monitor:
(...) [apache_*] env.ssl yes env.port 80 env.ports 443 (...)
Wait about 5 minutes and check your new shiny HTTP/SSL graphs!
On my way for constant Web site rendering improvement, I decided to give XCache a try. I’ve been using eaccelerator for a long time and found it very efficient. But I never looked at the Google WebMaster Tools metrics before