Like I did with NetBSD, this is how to build an almost complete Mail Server with OpenBSD.
We’re gonna use a Dovecot IMAP server and a Postfix SMTP server. Postfix will use Dovecot as a SASL service. Both will use LDAP to identify valid users and e-mail aliases. Mail sanitization will be provided by RBL, from Postfix, and by the
spamd shipped with OpenBSD.
Those are the directions I used to setup an almost complete OpenSource Mail server running NetBSD and pkgsrc.
The Mail server will feature:
- E-mail exchange (MX) role on the Internet;
- E-mail gateway (SMTP) for internal LAN users ;
- E-mail access (IMAP) for internal LAN users ;
- Secured (TLS and SASL) access for internal users;
- Greylisting, RFC check and RBL mail filtering ;
- Directory (LDAP) for e-mail entries ;