Quick notes on howto to install Windows Server 2008 as a workstation on Dell XPS M1330.
- Boot the Windows Server 2008 DVD;
- Select the
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise (complete installation)option;
- Format the disk;
- Finish the installation;
- Set the root password and login as Administrator;
- Configure the basics parameters;
- Create a user with limited permissions;
- Install the missing drivers;
Hibernation(just after video driver installation?);
powercfg.exe -h on
- Download and run the Windows Server 2008 Workstation Converter (http://w2k8ws.freeunh.org/Serv08Convert12.zip ).