Joomla on Mac OS X
I have to take care of Frederic Mejias’ Martial Arts School website
historically runs on Joomla. I personally probably wouldn’t have use that piece
of … software but the choice isn’t mine :p
So starting using/modifying that beast, I installed an instance of my MacBook Pro. What you’ll need is a Web server capable of running PHP and a SQL database. Once you finished saying that, the quickest thought is Macintosh, Apache, Mysql and PHP.
The MAMP part
Here’re the directions:
- Grab the free version of MAMP ;
- Run the install wizard ;
- Start the application.
That was quite easy, huh :)
You can configure the application to specify the PHP version and cache utility.
The Joomla part
- Use the PHPMySQL utility to create a
joomladatabase table that will be used by Joomla ;
- Grab the desired version of Joomla :
- Unpack the archive in the
- Start the Joomla installation process (http://localhost/joomla/) ;
- Follow the Web assistant and you’re done.
That’s All Folks :)