Show value as Kb/Mb/Gb with Excel
There are times when you want Excel to show numbers with a specific unit. In my case, I have a list of memory size that I want to print as Kb, Mb or Gb.
- Fill-in the values ;
- Select the cells to be formatted and right-click on them ;
- Select the “Format Cells” option ;
- In the “Category” list, select “Custom” ;
- Enter the following type :
[<1000000]# ##0,0 " Ko";[<1000000000]# ##0,0 " Mo";# ##0,0 " Go"
- Click “OK” to apply the format.
Note that the formula divides by 1000 ; which may not be suitable to convert Bytes to KB/MB/GB.
I also noticed that the formula didn’t work on Excel (14.1.3 110805) for Mac 2011.
That’s All Folks.